Tuesday, October 20, 2009

helensdiario

hi all, at long last i have started a blog. That way if you are interested in my journey i can share it with you and as my title suggests also keep it for diary purposes as well. I think when one is traveling we feel guilty about not giving special attention to our old home friends and the new ones we make on the way. so i will still try to get out individual emails as well. The main gist of what i am doing will be available here. Since not everyone i relate to is a fan of Facebook this was a more inclusive choice.
I hope to do some backtracking about the first 5 weeks of my journey but for now i will just say i am settled in and very happy in Matagalpa Nicaragua. It met all my requirement after Oaxaca Mexico where i could not find an ESL job. So its got the cool mountain climate. Spring like weather all year. Lots of protected and biodiverse nature areas. The Nicas as we call the locals are very warm, friendly. fun folks who really make time for fun, family, and sharing with others. Also 72% of the pop. is under 30. A lot of those folks are very motivated to making their county more tourist friendly. So a lot want to learn English. I have been offered everything from a Sat. ESL position to Directorship of a European Language Academy and other interesting choices. Enough for now I need to go do some volunteer work, Teaching ESL to poor but motivated teens


.

1 comment:

  1. Helen!! I am so glad you started a blog. I didn't know you had gone to Nicaragua but you were talking about it. So happy to hear it is nice there and you are getting work and making friends too. Miss you and wishing you many fun activities.

    ReplyDelete