Friday, October 2, 2015
FALLING FOR THE GREEKS AGAIN
Its been 3 weeks since I arrived in Warsaw to wander my way across the parts of Europe I had yet to see. Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, even Zagred, Crotia. Then finally Athens, the center point for all good Greeks, in my case half Greek, to come home to roost and preen in its glory, even for just a brief moment in time. Athens, is the great tourist mecca and jumping off point for most of the other famous Greek sites. The amount of antiquities, in the great museums, the marble slabs of conquored and conquorer were laying all about. It was STAGGERING to behold. or wait was that the really bad air and noise polution and the mad rushing of 5 million Athenians that made me feel like I was so dizzy and overwhelmed? I got to most of the antiqities I wanted to see and then, as usual headed for the clarity of mind and body I felt so ready for. After a week or so in cities, in this case a bit longer, I always head for the quiet and greater purity of the countryside. In this case it was Crete. Knossos, Minoen ruins, a ferry ride there what could be better. Trips around the countryside. The folks much friendlier, happier than their stressed out Athenian brothers. It was a good 6 days especially with lots of good Greek cooking. Not as good in some cases as my Mom's and Aunt's but a blast to the past that was worth the trip. Once again, I feel proud to be a Greek. The Metaxa,Ouso, and Raki was not bad either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment